Established in 1989, the Food Pantry is an all-volunteer organization dedicated to fighting hunger in Norwood and Westwood. The Pantry serves approximately 250 families and offer their services to anyone who needs them.
Located on Chapel Street in Norwood, at the rear of Grace Episcopal Church, the Food Pantry operates year round on Saturday mornings from 7:30-11:00 am. A food storage building is also housed on the church property.
Food is sorted and shelves stocked on Thursday from 8-9 am. New volunteers are always welcome.
Donations of canned and boxed food and hygiene products, financial contributions and time are gratefully accepted. Donations can be dropped off at the Food Pantry on Saturday mornings or Thursdays (8-9 am), at the Morrill Memorial Library, at the local supermarkets and at most churches around town.
Items needed include:
- Canned Meats
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Canned pastas and spaghetti sauces
- Canned beans, soups and stews
- Cereal, pasta, macaroni and cheese
- Boxed foods such as Hamburger Helper, rice, potatoes, etc.
- Hygiene products such as toothpaste, tooth brushes, deodorant, soap, etc.
- Detergents and soaps
Volunteers can help in many ways:
- Sort groceries and stock shelves
- Carry bundles for clients
- Organize food drives
For further information contact Ruth Taeger at 781-769-0425